Sunday, March 20, 2011

3/20/11 - Day 11: Corrections

Update on Lisa's adventure getting back to our old room on Friday:
When Lisa tried to call my parent's room, the hotel would not let her speak until the call was accepted. They tried my parent's room first. The operator told my dad "his wife" was on the phone. My dad said his wife was sleeping next to him, did not accept the call and hung up. He thought this was another full service massage service visit or just a wrong number.

When Lisa tried to call our old room where I was waiting (and waiting, and waiting, and ...) for her, there was no answer. Possibly because the phone never rang! Arrghh. And the bellhop was the one who found her in the elevator and brought her to our room. The front desk never solved the problem.

Update on the new room:
I bought extra adapter plugs for HKG and China plugs since we have a bunch of electronic devices with us. I have not used any of the adapter plugs and we are in our 3rd hotel. All the rooms have 3 or more U.S. plugs.

Our current room (the executive business suite), also has a charging box for electronics devices, with a variety of adpater plugs. We brought our charging cables for the various devices, but that would be nice to have in all rooms.

The VPN keeps dropping at this hotel. I made the mistake of trying the wireless access first, which my pc keeps defaulting to. Until I catch it, the VPN lasts 5 minutes before it hangs. And there is no error message, it just hangs. ExpressVPN and GoTrusted VPN. It lasts longer with a direct connection, but still drops pretty soon. Wasting a lot of time with this new feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment