Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 5 - Nanjing - Miscellaneous

Some of you have commented on my beard.  I had not shaved for 2 days before we left and had decided it would be simpler to try growing a beard for the trip.  I thought it was scruffy, but Lisa sealed the deal by saying she thought it was sexy.  God knows what her real reason was, but I was sold.  This lasted until the 1st day in Nanjing (going from low humidity in Beijing to hot & humid in Nanjing, along with no A/C in the hotels in the fall).  1 day of an itchy face later, it was history.

Also, a funny story on Bennett.  He may not like Daddy snoring, but the solution was far worse for him.  He woke up one day and suddenly was VERY upset.  It took us a long time to figure out that Captain Fearless was terrified of the Breath-Rite strip on Daddy's nose.  He would not even come near me after I had taken it off and was still holding it in my hand.  I guess you do not need a cast or a sling to incite Captain Fearless.

3 comments:

  1. So wonderful to see your posts!! I love hearing what you are seeing and doing each day as it gives us ideas about what we should do during our trip.

    I'm so glad that April is doing so well with the transition and only had tears during the paperwork. I can imagine that she is very confused and going back is hard for her.

    I look forward to hearing about your trip to XuZhou. As you know, many of us are anxiously waiting for photos and possibly video of our little ones waiting. What a fun trip for you to take with 2 other families and have that time together to talk on the train. So glad that it all worked out so wonderfully!

    As for sibling rivalry, this is normal. It will get harder before it gets easier, but it is something that Bennett will have to adjust to sharing his mommy and daddy. We will keep you in our prayers as he learns how to share his time and attention.

    Thinking of you,

    Carey
    XuZhou mom to Wei Jia Ke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved your posts, so natural everything that is going on, but so sweet too. I am expecting dear Jia who is frantically awaiting her sister, to be a bit shocked by her own feelings of envy too! She has become a real daddy's girl and sharing Baba will be very different. Gonna be watching how it goes with you, looking for pointers!

    I love seeing you carrying April, but she is a BIG girl! She weighs two pounds more than Jia does now. But even for short time, it is a great bonding tool. Juni weighs 58 pounds, I can even carry that short (SHORT) term...

    It is just awesome sharing your joy and your experiences. So happy she seems to be settling in.

    Have a great day tomorrow, tell Juni she is NEXT.

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so happy to hear how well things are going for you guys - and happy to see the posts coming out of China! What a great big bunch of fun and joy - just love it!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete